Online dating in Australia
Australia is a huge country and some areas
can have a lot more blokes than sheilas, or vice versa.
In places like Burketown, Weipa, Pine Creek, Woop Woop and other
middle of nowhere places blokes can far outnumber sheilas, while
places like the northern beaches of Cairns tend to have opposite
So it's no wonder that many Aussies jump on the internet to log
on to dating sites to find their partner online.
In February 2010 survey results were released
that for the first time in nearly a century single women in Australia
outnumbered those in a relationship.
And Australia has some fine single women too; just ask Danish
Crown Prince Frederik, he came to Australia in 2000 to see the
Olympics and in a Sydney pub met Mary Donaldson from Tasmania.
They got on like a house on fire and now they're a happy couple
living the royal life in Denmark and the Tassie sheila is now
called Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess of Denmark, Countess
See if you can find your princess or prince
on these dating sites;
Demographer Bernard Salt spent a bit of time going
through the 2006 census figures and worked out where the biggest
concentrations of single blokes were, the appropriately named town
of Singleton in the New South Wales Hunter Valley was found to have
the widest choice of blokes for single sheilas to choose from, although
some Singleton sheilas that were interviewed reckoned that while
the quantity might be there, the quality was lacking a bit.
These are the single stats:
1) Singleton, New South Wales - 180 males per 100
2) Burdekin / Ayr, Queensland - 171 males per 100 females
3) Mackay, Queensland - 156 males per 100 females
4) Griffith, New South Wales - 141 males per 100 females
5) Gladstone, Queensland - 141 males per 100 females
6) Wollongong, New South Wales - 140 males per 100 females
7) Lithgow, New South Wales - 139 males per 100 females
8) Bunbury, South Australia - 139 males per 100 females
9) Whyalla, South Australia - 137 males per 100 females
10) Ballina, New South wales - 136 males per 100 females
Some other interesting singles statistics: Australian
singles prefer to date tradies like carpenters, tilers and painters
rather than professionals according to a recent survey of 950 people
Professions in order of desirability to date:
In other words; if you are an accountant or a psychiatrist
living in Singleton or Ayr then your chances of getting laid are
about the same as Kim Beazley being elected Prime Minister, and
you are better off joining one of the online dating sites above
to find your sheila elsewhere in this world.